i just ordered a new bag to use at the beach this summer. it’s hasn’t quite arrived, but when it does, it’s getting stocked with these goodies for sure…
1. tote from Lotta Jansdotter’s collection
2. 100% cotton honeycomb weave towels (or shawls) pack light and are great for when it’s really hot
3. gotta have shades at the beach
4. reusable glass bottles are perfect for water… or my special “beach juice”
5. i like to keep my phone, lip balm, and wallet in cute waterproof cases, like this one
6. love this necklace from calypso. i can throw it on with a cute beach cover up over my swimsuit and be ready for a cocktail
7. another must have…. a hat to hide my crazy beach hair
okay, there will be some snacks in there, too. and a book, but i have yet to find my summer beach books… stay tuned.
finally, a beach day! the weather out here has been a little less-than beach-y lately. yesterday was an exception. the waves were enough to attract surfers and paddle-boaters, too. we stocked up on sunscreen and snacks from Mary’s Marvelous! and parked it in the sand for the entire afternoon…. t’was nice!
have a look and a listen to the waves if you like:
by the end of our beach day, i was doing silly things like taking pictures through the holes in my hat and making a “beach still life”. but i love doing that! and there were lots of things on the beach to play with – washed up seaweed, some seedpods, pieces of wood and shell. i think this one is superior to a recent beach still life from Mexico – which was a flip flop, my visor, and a water bottle.
our lovely beach day was topped off by dinner at Duryea’s in Montauk. eating and watching the sun set is a real treat, no? and there is that orange water again…